Leverage Hansen’s extensive expertise in billing and customer care solutions for energy and telecommunications utilities. From performance health checks to hosted and managed applications, Hansen has the industry expertise to assist your IT organisation.
At Hansen Technologies we have a unique blend of business and technical expertise. We focus on delivery, ensuring that your ideas get translated into practical solutions that are designed to transform your business. It is our technical know-how, combined with an intimate energy and telco industry understanding which uniquely positions Hansen to deliver leading-edge software and consulting services.
Hansen Technologies is a very experienced systems integrator in our own right and we have the know-how to best implement, migrate, train and cutover the Hansen software solutions. Working directly with the utility, we can offer reduced costs and increased project certainty.
Hansen can act:
- As a vendor – focus on deployment as sub-contractor to your selected systems integrator
- As a partner – risk share among all responsible parties to ensure your success
- As a turnkey solution – we take full responsibility for the success of the entire project from discovery workshops through to final conversion, and post go-live operation
Hansen has a track record of involvement with high-achieving projects such as the AGL 100 Day Challenge, the award-winning upgrades at Direct Energy and Airtricity, and the President’s Award at Tokyo Electric Power. Our comprehensive implementation methodologies and significant experience across a variety of utility projects make us an ideal implementation partner. As a vendor, Hansen has experience working with companies such as Toshiba, Logica, IBM, Accenture, and Alliance Data. Alternatively, Hansen is a capable systems integrator in our own right and offers comprehensive turnkey services.
Hansen has built its reputation on the supply of best-fit application solutions to the ever changing Utilities sector. Our comprehensive application management services allow utility IT departments to focus on core business priorities. Hansen has a group of experienced utility professionals that are able to design, analyse, specify, develop, configure and support our applications. Since the solutions are owned and developed by Hansen, our application management takes a holistic approach to cover utility-specific enhancements, maintenance, and performance of the system – all surrounded by SLAs that meet your business requirements. Services include application parameterisation and testing, advanced IT operations support, and application security.
Hansen Technologies specialises in regular application tuning and business process efficiency evaluations to optimise system performance. Hansen performance services pinpoint both critical and proactive efficiency and performance management opportunities and offer practical solutions to prevent performance issues from arising.
The value of system performance tuning for your organisation can include:
- Resolution of any critical performance issues
- Faster time-to-bill and time-to-post transactions improves cash flow and allows more time for high-value activities
- Improved system efficiency reduces business disruption
- Improved understanding of system capacity enables better planning
System Performance Services include:
- Business process efficiency evaluations
- Database optimisation
- LAN, WAN, and external hosting impacts
- Evaluation of systems operating system and hardware
- Impact analysis of third-party technology
- Operational processes and processing windows
- Storage configuration
- Enterprise integration
- System utilisation
- Threading considerations
- Monitoring and alerts
- Critical performance issue resolution
- Pre go-live performance labs
Utilities can take advantage of our significant investment in infrastructure such as security, power, communications, environmental protection, and backup services. Hansen has relationships with all major hardware and software vendors which are leveraged to provide technology that will support changing utility requirements. Hansen can support your hosting needs:
- No matter what equipment you run, or how large your operations, Hansen Technologies has the flexibility to tailor a solution that meets your business requirements
- Fully hosted and managed options are available for utilities looking to get reliable applications for a fixed per-customer fee
Managed services can provide utilities with enhanced service level certainty, and reduced IT complexity. Current customers include major mass-market retailers, C&I billers, and networks with fully hosted and managed CIS solutions.
Once implemented, utilities must protect their investment in large-scale applications by ensuring reliable and efficient ongoing operations. Issues must be resolved as soon as possible to ensure that business continues uninterrupted. Many application service providers have general support service technicians that simply route issues to the appropriate vendor or development centre, resulting in double handling and reduced understanding of the application-specific issue. The alternative option of training your in-house IT resources in application support can be costly and time-consuming.